Legal Services offered by the Clinic:
- Pre refugee claim consultations
- Representation and assistance throughout the entire refugee determination procedure (including pre and post refugee claim)
- Volunteer counsel and research assistants provided for each claim (in house training provided to volunteer counsel and research assistants)
- Mock (practice) refugee hearings
- Assistance filling out Permanent Residence applications
- Assistance preparing applications for Permanent Residence on Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds
- Assistance preparing Pre Removal Risk Assessment applications
- Assistance for refugee claimants who have been detained
- Assistance preparing work/study/health coverage applications (provided by Settlement team)
Please note that this page is under construction due to legislative changes to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act under Bill C-31.
Information regarding timelines and processes are upcoming.
Please call the Halifax Refugee Clinic (902-422-6736) for specific queries regarding the refugee determination procedure in Canada.