1.Where are you located?

We operate out of a house at 5538 Macara St–located in a residential neighborhood in the North End of Halifax, Nova Scotia.

2. What are your hours?

We are open Monday to Friday 9-5 pm.

3. How can I volunteer with your organization?

Thank you for thinking of us!

We could not provide all the services we do without our dedicated volunteers.

The first step is to review our volunteer opportunities.

Then e-mail (Halifaxrefugeeclinic@gmail.com) with a statement of interest, a resume, and two references.

I am a senior and retired. Can I still volunteer?

Yes! We welcome volunteers of all ages.

How can I help?

There are many ways to help clients of the Halifax Refugee Clinic.

Donating funds using our secure online giving feature or by dropping off cash/cheque to the office enables us to deliver a wide range of supports to clients. Charitable receipts are available upon request.

You can collect personal hygiene items, grocery store gift cards, long distance calling cards, and bus tickets for clients and drop them off at the office; you can donate clothing to our second hand clothing boutique called Section 96 (located at 1581 Grafton St.); you can volunteer your time; you can follow us on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter; you can learn about refugee related issues and become an informed advocate; you can include the Halifax Refugee Clinic as a recipient of your official fundraiser; you can ask your friends to help out too!

These are just some of the ways in which you can help!

I would like to make a refugee claim, who do I talk to?

We are here to help you! Please contact us today at (902) 422 6736,

by e-mail halifaxrefugeeclinic@gmail.com

or visit us in person at 5538 Macara Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, to make an appointment.

I would like to improve my English–can  you help?

Yes! We offer volunteer run English language learning classes and personal tutoring sessions. These services are for clients of the Halifax Refugee Clinic. If you are a Permanent Resident of Canada, please contact Immigrant Settlement and Integration Services (ISIS) for help.

Please contact us for more information.